Thursday, March 22, 2007

More Royals blogs and other loose ends

Quick hits:
  • In the spirit of the Internet, I have five more Royals blogs to pass along (you'll see these changes reflected in the panel to the right). The Royal Tower, 1 Royal Way and Diary of a Madfan -- though a little pessimistic -- have all recently come to my attention. Also, somehow I stumbled upon State of the Sceptre, which led me to Kevin's Royals Blog. Thus the World Wide Web gets a little smaller in my book.
  • The picture of Kauffman Stadium that will now reside permanently under IDWT's mission statement was taken on June 25, 2006, during an interleague game against the Milwaukee Brewers. It was Negro Leagues Day at the park, so the teams wore throwback unis and the first 20,000 or so got nifty red Monarchs hats (which were awesome). The Monarchs won 6-0 behind a six-hit performance by All-Star Mark Redman. As you can see in the picture, the day was, in a word, perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment