Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Around the Horn: Royals midseason reports

I just want to put a wrap on last night's Home Run Derby. At 2:20 a.m., I got this text message from my correspondent: "I ran into meche after the derby." I quickly called her up and had this exchange:

Me: What was it like?
Her: Nothing.
Me: Nothing?
Her: We just looked at each other and walked by.
Me: Wait. You looked at each other?
Her: I walked by Justin Morneau. He also looked at me.
Me: Okay, I don't care.
Her: I saw Harold Reynolds. He smiled at me.

I expressed a little more interest in HR.

Me: Hey, let's talk more about Gil Meche.
Her: There's nothing to talk about.
Me: What was he wearing?
Her: What was he wearing?
Me: What was he wearing?
Her: He was wearing his uniform.
Me: Oh.
Her: David Wright: That guy was crazy.

That was the end of our Meche chat.

***
Lots of folks around the Royals blogosphere have written midseason reports, and you can access them all from this site. One stop reading.
I thought there'd be more, but... not yet. Maybe during the off-days tomorrow and Thursday.

***
Don't forget to catch tonight's All-Star game at 8 p.m. ET, 7 Central on Fox. Our Gilgamesh needs you! (Actually, he needs Jim Leyland to insert him into the game for America to take note: The heartland will dominate the national baseball scene real soon. Be afraid, East Coast.)

UPDATE, 7/11: Meche, in fact, did not enter the game. And other All-Star futility, via Royals Review.

UPDATE 2: Another midseason report: Dick Kaegel, MLB.com

No comments:

Post a Comment